Friday, April 22, 2011

Pablo Picasso

Provide us with a brief bio the abstract painter, explain why you chose them, 5 samples of the artists' work. Make sure the report is in your own words.

Pablo Picasso was born on October 25,1881 in Magala, Spain. His talent was recognized early in his life because his father was a drawing master. When Picasso turned 15, he had his own studio and in 1904 he moved to Paris to continue his career in an artistic place. One of the many reasons Picasso was more intriguing than his competetitors was because his art was always different, there were many different sides of him and his paintings. In 1925, Picasso began drawing and painting distorted. Picasso also expressed himself in sculptures and ceramics. In the 1930's Picasso's work seemed to be results of events, such as Guernica which was to show the response to the horrors of the Spanish Civil War. At age 91, Pablo Picasso died on April 8,1973. Although Picasso has passed, his legend and his works of art live on.


I didn't start off wanting to research Picasso. I was hoping to do an artist I have never heard of. I had a lot of great choices in mind! However, the library by my house did not have any books based on those people. They did have Picasso though. So, I thought about Pablo Picasso because we have heard so much about him throughout school and when I took a french class, we discussed art and Pablo Picasso was one of the artists we talked about. However, we saw his paintings and knew he was an abstract painter. But what else did I know about him? Nothing. So, after trying to be origional, I became more interested in Pablo Picasso. I have included some of the pieces by Pablo Picasso that I found to be most interested in.







1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to learn more about the man to help influence what you already knew about his work. - Evelyn 10/10

    ReplyDelete